The Early Childcare Assistant program was designed to equip childcare workers with valuable knowledge, skills and experience for employment as Assistants in day care or early learning centers.
The program will give students an overview of the responsibilities of an early childcare assistant and the opportunity to perform these responsibilities through an on-site practicum placement.
The program presents foundational skills needed for those seeking to move into an Early Childhood Educator program.
Carriers in Child care and early childhood education offer variety of challenges and opportunities develop your skill set in this rich sector. There are numerous job opportunities for an Early Childcare Assistant:
- Childcare Centers
- Ontario Early Years Centers
- Private Regulated home based Childcare
- Agencies for Exceptional Children
- Parent/Child Literacy Centers
Total Program Length = 945 Hours
20 hrs/week for 48 weeks
- Grade 12 high school diploma in a college or university track (advanced level studies) from a Canadian high school. A copy of the high school transcript is required in addition to the diploma.
- Foreign applicant: All foreign credentials must be translated into English and equivalent to grade 12 level in Canada.
- Medical Certificate (immunization form)
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Police Check (Clearance) of Criminal Record. The Police Check must include a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Interview – All potential students must complete an interview with the coordinator of the ECA program to ascertain their suitability to enter the early childcare field.
- Two references related to employment or volunteer work completed in the early childcare field.
I would like to thank Mina Rizkalla for his amazing assistance. Mina was so polite, patient and helpful. Thank you Mississauga Career College for having someone like Mina.
Also I don’t want to forget MarianeTadros for her patience and help through out the time before the course started. Thank you so much Samuel, it is great college.
I was an accountant with the old method but this Career College has helped me to work with programs Canada uses and I want to thank our College Principle for choosing us a professional professor with high-level knowledge, patience and flexibility. I also want to thank the employees because of being persistence and having high sense of responsibility. I recommend this College to anyone who is planning to do something different as a job or renew/update their certificate to a Canadian certificate that is more acceptable. I’m very happy that I got this opportunity to grow in every aspect.
I just finished a Computerized Accounting Tax and Payroll Diploma and it was so helpful, the instructor was really professional and the collage is even helping us find a job.
I have had such a great experience with Mississauga Career College and I recommend you have it too.
Your first impression will be how impressive the College Facility is, I suggest to talk to one of their friendly well informed Counselors, they will guide you in everything including filling up forms. Chosing career, presenting tuition fees plans…..etc.
They have professional Admin Staff. I noticed their Education fees are very competitively priced. They have highly educated Professors. They also offer finance plans and working careers.
The ECA Program at the Mississauga Training Centre was perfect for me! All the classes are well-organized and the staff were so helpful. I learned a lot through the program and by the time I graduated I was ready to start my career! The ECA program at MTC was the ladder that took me from the first step to the top – I became confident to work with children after I took the two field placements.
After I graduated, they kept helping me to prepare my resume and start applying for jobs. Now I’m a permanent teacher at a daycare. I would like to thank everyone who helped me to reach my goals.
I am currently attending the Pre – Med program and I have to say its an amazing program. I was able to save a lot, specially by signing up early. Its not that far from home.
The profs know what they are talking about and the classes are small and all about you so you can really focus on what you know and what you don’t know.