GET READY FOR MED SCHOOL IN 20 MONTHS
Dreaming to be an MD, but…
(1) …you do not know where to start, or
(2) …you do not meet Med Schools’ admission requirements…
MCC’s PREMEDICAL (Pre-Med) program, offered right here in Mississauga, saves you years and thousands of dollars with guaranteed admission to several medical schools or Universities with clinical rotations in the US and/or Canadian hospitals.
Our Program accepts high school graduates and early years college students with basic entry-level requirements; this allows us to teach all the needed skills and comprehensive knowledge to be successful in the 4 –years long Medical School program. Students will go through five 16 weeks long academic semesters, 90 credits program in less than 2 years.
MCC PRE-MEDICAL PROGRAM?
- Basic high-school diploma level admission requirements
- Saves a minimum of 4 years of the traditional North American path to an MD degree
- High-quality instructors in small size classes
- Enjoy the comfort of your home
- NO travel and living costs for 2 years > saving thousands of dollars
- Remove the uncertainty of the application/rejection cycle for Medical schools with our GUARANTEED* admission in one of our affiliated MD partners;
- University of Health and Sciences of Antigua
- American University of Barbados
- Spartan University (St Lucia)
*The guaranteed acceptance is applicable upon successful completion of the MCC program and the required coursework.
Admission requirements applicable to all Canadian and International students
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent for out-of-province applicants
- Grade 12 English (U, M or C – University and/or college level) or equivalent English proficiency tests for students whose English is not their primary language of instruction.
- The Secondary School Diploma should demonstrate proficiency in at least two Grade 12 science courses (at university (U), college (C) or university/college (M) level) is desirable but not mandatory.
Additional admission requirements depend on the applicant’s transcripts of origin.
- NO undergrad degree required
- NO qualification exams are required
- Get ready for medical school in 20 months instead of enrolling in a 4 years baccalaureate (BSc) program.
- Become an MD within 6 years after finishing high school saves valuable time and cost.
- The program is designed with a focus on health sciences and medically related content, instead of a broad science scope.
- The program also prepares for the MCAT for those students who wish to apply for MD school other than our partners.
- The convenience to study premedical program in GTA/Toronto which gives you time to carefully select your application for the following 4-year MD school program
EXAMPLE OF PROGRAM SCHEDULE (5) TRIMESTERS / 90 CREDITS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
|Code||Year 1 (3 Trimesters 14-16 weeks each)||Lect Cr.||Lab Cr.|
|1.1.1 BIOL I||General Biology I with Labs||3||1|
|1.1.2 CHEM I||General Chemistry I with Labs||3||1|
|1.1.3 HEALTH||Medical Terminology and Health Care||3||0|
|1.1.4 MATH I||Mathematics I||4||0|
|1.1.5 ENGL I||English with College Writing||4||0||19|
|1.2.1 ENGL II||English and Public Speaking||3||0|
|1.2.2 CHEM II||General Chemistry II with Labs||3||1|
|1.2.3 BIOL II||Human Biology II with Labs||3||1|
|1.2.4 ANAT||Anatomy and Physiology I||3||0|
|1.2.5 CELL||Introduction to Cell Biology and Histology||3||0||17|
|1.3.1 PSYCH||Introduction to Psychology||2||0|
|1.3.2 MATH II||Mathematics II with Biostatistics||4||0|
|1.3.3 PHYS I||General Physics I with Labs||3||1|
|1.3.4 OCHEM I||Organic Chemistry I with Labs||3||1|
|Code||Year 2 (2 Trimesters 16 weeks each)||Lect Cr.||Lab Cr.|
|2.1.1 MOL||Molecular Biology with Labs||3||1|
|2.1.2 OCHEM II||Organic Chemistry II with Labs||3||1|
|2.1.3 PUBL||Community and Public Health||3||0|
|2.1.5 PHYS II||General Physics II with Labs||3||1||18|
|2.2.1 BIOCH||Biochemistry with Lab||3||1|
|2.2.3 ETHIC||Ethics and Behavioral Sciences||3||0|
|2.2.4 CARS||Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills||3||0|
|2.2.6 PHYSIO||Anatomy and Physiology II||3||0||18|
|TOTAL Credits for the Program||79||11||90|
I would like to thank Mina Rizkalla for his amazing assistance. Mina was so polite, patient and helpful. Thank you Mississauga Career College for having someone like Mina.
Also I don’t want to forget MarianeTadros for her patience and help through out the time before the course started. Thank you so much Samuel, it is great college.
I was an accountant with the old method but this Career College has helped me to work with programs Canada uses and I want to thank our College Principle for choosing us a professional professor with high-level knowledge, patience and flexibility. I also want to thank the employees because of being persistence and having high sense of responsibility. I recommend this College to anyone who is planning to do something different as a job or renew/update their certificate to a Canadian certificate that is more acceptable. I’m very happy that I got this opportunity to grow in every aspect.
I just finished a Computerized Accounting Tax and Payroll Diploma and it was so helpful, the instructor was really professional and the collage is even helping us find a job.
I have had such a great experience with Mississauga Career College and I recommend you have it too.
Your first impression will be how impressive the College Facility is, I suggest to talk to one of their friendly well informed Counselors, they will guide you in everything including filling up forms. Chosing career, presenting tuition fees plans…..etc.
They have professional Admin Staff. I noticed their Education fees are very competitively priced. They have highly educated Professors. They also offer finance plans and working careers.
The ECA Program at the Mississauga Training Centre was perfect for me! All the classes are well-organized and the staff were so helpful. I learned a lot through the program and by the time I graduated I was ready to start my career! The ECA program at MTC was the ladder that took me from the first step to the top – I became confident to work with children after I took the two field placements.
After I graduated, they kept helping me to prepare my resume and start applying for jobs. Now I’m a permanent teacher at a daycare. I would like to thank everyone who helped me to reach my goals.
I am currently attending the Pre – Med program and I have to say its an amazing program. I was able to save a lot, specially by signing up early. Its not that far from home.
The profs know what they are talking about and the classes are small and all about you so you can really focus on what you know and what you don’t know.